50 YEARS OF SERVICE – ANNIVERSARY BOOK – This book is a celebration of 50 years of Mountain Rescue by Braemar Mountains Rescue. The Braemar team have been my great friends over the years and I have done many call outs with them. Like all our Rescue Teams they are incredible people and I have seen them in action many times. In March 1995 I lost two great pals Mark Sinclair and Neil Main who fell whilst winter climbing on Lochnagar that winter. The Braemar Mountain Rescue team were wonderful during the tragedy and I saw Mountain Rescue from the other side during that awful period. They showed great care, compassion and kindness when dealing with the families and myself. I have never forgotten the help they gave. They have been true friends over the years to many in trouble on the hills and I am sure this history of the team will be a great addition to Mountain Rescue literature! I have a few stories in my blog of adventures on call -outs with the team and they are true mountain people and I am sure this book will do well, it is as they say a “Perfect for a wee Xmas gift”
This book celebrates the team’s achievements and many characters with assorted misremembered tales of derring-do, wild haverings and the dottled recollections of by-gone days when storms were stormier, snow was snowier, and tweeds, tackity- beets and a muckle Thermos kept the elements at bay.
Read on and enjoy……
HOW TO GET A COPY OF OUR BOOK:
Each book costs £10.00 and we can post it to any UK address by Royal Mail 2nd Class delivery for the small additional charge of £2.00. Please allow 14 days between ordering and delivery.
• Cheque for £12.00 made payable to Braemar Mountain Rescue Association and sent to:
Braemar Mountain Rescue Association
23 Albert Road
• If you wish to pay by bank transfer, we will send our bank details if you e-mail us at:
Remember to include the name and address – including postcode – you want the book sent to!
Alternatively, our book can be obtained from the following outlets who have kindly offered to keep a small stock:
• Braemar Mountain Sports, Invercauld Road, Braemar.
• Braemar Caravan Park, Glenshee Road, Braemar.
• Braemar Pharmacy, Mar Road, Braemar.
• Wild Thistle, Invercauld Road, Braemar.
• Brown Sugar Café, 8 Bridge St. Ballater.
• Deeside Books, 18-20 Bridge St. Ballater.
• HM Sheridan, Butchers, 11 Bridge Street, Ballater.
• Outdoor Shop/The Bothy Café, 43 Bridge Street, Ballater.
• To be arranged
• To be arranged
• Craigdon Mountain Sports, 51 igh Street, Inverurie.
Thanks for your interest and we hope you enjoy the book!