We are so lucky the Access we have in Scotland it was fought for and we need to keep an eye on it!
The Access Code says:
You can exercise access rights for:
- recreational purposes (such as pastimes, family and social activities, and more active pursuits like horse riding, cycling, wild camping and taking part in events)
- educational purposes (concerned with furthering a person’s understanding of the natural and cultural heritage)
- some commercial purposes (where the activities are the same as those done by the general public), and
- for crossing over land or water.
The three key principles of the Code are:
- Respect the interests of other people
- Care for the environment
- Take responsibility for your own actions
“The sun that shines across the sea, the wind that whispers in the tree,
The Lark that carols in the sky, the hills and Glens I wander by.
I am as rich as rich can be, for all these things belong to me.”